The ARF 2011 Great Mind Awards
The event took place MARCH 23, 2011 • Marriott Marquis, New York City
The ARF Great Mind Awards, presented by David Krajicek - Co-President, GfK CRNA, was a spectacular luncheon proudly sponsored by GfK. The ARF Great Mind Awards recognize and celebrate individuals who contribute to the excellence and advancement of advertising research. Established in 2006, the ARF Great Mind Awards honor research innovation, rising research stars, outstanding ARF member contributions, lifetime achievement within the industry and quality in research.View photos of the 2011 event here!
* GRAND - Jeanne Vaughn - GlobalHue
* GOLD - Richard Silberstein - Neuro-Insight
* SILVER - Ginny Musante – XBOX Live
* BRONZE - Paul Donato - The Nielsen Company
* BRONZE - Mainak Mazumdar - The Nielsen Company
View the Innovation Award Certificate Winners »
Rising Star Award
* GRAND - Kelly Johnson - ESPN
* GOLD - Carrie Breisach - General Mills
* SILVER - Michael Hulfachor - comScore ARS
* BRONZE - Sean Bruich - Facebook, Inc.
* BRONZE - Melissa Ludack – InsightExpress
View the Rising Star Award Certificate Winners »
Member Recognition Award
* GRAND - Ed Keller - Keller Fay Group
* GOLD - Robert Woodard - Campbell Soup Company
* GOLD - Lisa Joy Rosner - NetBase
* SILVER - Ian Lewis - Cambiar
* BRONZE - Susan Frede - Lightspeed Research
Member Ambassador Award
* AGENCY - Kenzo Setoguchi - Dentsu
* MEDIA - Jess Hanson – Clear Channel Radio
* MARKETER - Jim Figura – Colgate-Palmolive Company
* RESEARCH - Peter Daboll – Ace Metrix
Quality In Research Award: Quality Questionnaires
* GMI Interactive & Mintel Market Research
* Ipsos ASI
Lifetime Achievement Awards
* Rosi Ware, Kantar
* Joseph T. Plummer, Olson Zaltman Associates
The ARF Great Mind Awards program consists of six award categories:
- Innovation Award
For development of the most innovative research ideas.
The ARF believes that research must become innovative to respond to the new questions that marketers are asking as the media and marketing landscape undergo fundamental and permanent change. This award goes to the individual (or team) who, over the past year, has created and proven the impact of innovative new methods based on inventiveness, analytics, and/or harnessing technology., for individuals that have developed innovative research ideas in terms of methodology, theory, service and solution.
- Rising Star Award, for researchers who have less than 7 years experience, and whose contributions during the last year marked the individual as a researcher with potential for future greatness.
- Member Recognition Award, for individuals who made an outstanding contribution to the ARF in the prior year.
- Member Ambassador Award for exemplary service to The ARF in the role of Member Ambassador (to be nominated by The ARF).
- Lifetime Achievement Award, for those who have made lifetime contributions to the industry and to the ARF.
- Quality In Research Award, in recognition of significant contribution to excellence in research. The 2011 category is Quality Questionnaires; this award is given to the person or team who implements a survey instrument of the highest standards for quality and effectiveness, as judged by an ARF-recognized panel of experts in the field of advertising and communications research.